In the course of engaging with our services, you may provide personal information about you, collected through our Website. Our goal is to reflect our customers the information gathered and processed, the legitimate purpose for such process and the legal basis for such requirements.
If you do not agree with such procedures and practice, please do not use our Website
Please note: You have no legal obligation to provide us with any personal information about you, and the provision of personal information by you will be done at your own free will and consent. However, without providing such Information, you may not be able to use the services, or part of them, provided on the Website. As mentioned above, you hereby agree explicitly to such use of personal information, and this use will not be considered a violation of your privacy.
The Information Collected
When you use the Website, you may give us different types of information including the following:
Information you give us directly
When you voluntarily submit information through forms on our website, such as contact forms, registration forms, or newsletter sign-ups, we may collect personal information such as:
- Contact information, including name, phone number and postal and email addresses.
- Device information, such as when you accessed our services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, software or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers)
- Your online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed.
Information being collected automatically:
- Standard server log information: which is data generated automatically by the computer servers that host our digital publications when users visit them. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser and device type, operating system, name of your Internet service provider, date and time of your visit, and addresses of the websites you access before and after you visit the Website.
- Geo-location information, including your IP address, which can be used to derive your general geographic area at a city or postal code level.
- Device information, including the device type you use to access our Website and services, your device’s operating system, and unique device identifier information, which is a unique alphanumeric character string associated with an individual user’s smartphone or similar handheld device.
Information being collected from other sources:
In addition, we collect data from other sources, as described below. These sources, whose practices are governed by their own privacy policies, include organizations with which we have a business relationship to provide products and services to you, publicly available data sources such as open government databases, and commercial data sources. Examples of the type of additional information we may collect include:
- Updated mailing address
- Information about products and services you access through our business partners.
- Demographic data (e.g., age, gender, general income bracket, ethnicity, children in household).
- If you visit third-party sites via our services, those third-party sites may share information with us about your use of their services.
Purpose of Information Processing
The information we collect may be used for a variety of purposes. These include:
- Improve our services.
- Notify you about any new services available.
- Communicate with you, for administrative purposes, and to respond to questions and comments.
- Customize your experience.
- Make inferences about your interests or preferences and provide you with the optimized and customized data most relevant to you.
- Resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or unlawful activities.
- Editorial and survey purposes.
- Contacting you regarding your use of our CR Publications, services and Programs and matters that affect you;
- Updating and maintaining the accuracy of our information about you;
- Combining Information – We may match the information we collect from you directly with the information we receive about you from other sources, and use such information along with information from other sources.
Sharing With Our Affiliates
We may share your information among our corporate affiliates, which are related legal entities.
Sharing with Service Providers
We may also share your information with third-party service providers who provide us with specialized services, such as website and database hosting, monitoring of user reviews and ratings, as well as digital analytics. We also may share personal information with legal advisers, accountants, fund administrators, and companies engaged to dispose of or store data including personal information. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that where personal information is shared, it is treated securely and in accordance with this notice and applicable laws.
Sharing With Business Partners
We may share information about you, your Devices and your use of our services with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share information so that we can provide you with relevant content or in order to facilitate payment for products or services you may purchase on the websites of our partners. This sharing is generally pursuant to written agreements which include confidentiality, privacy and security obligations; however, note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
Substantial Corporate Transactions
We will notify you if we transfer ownership or control of your personally identifiable information to an unaffiliated third party in connection with a substantial corporate transaction.
We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe that we are required to do so by any applicable law, such as to comply with a search warrant, court order, subpoena, or requests from law enforcement, to enforce our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
Protect the Website and Users
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information.
We only authorize specific employees to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share information. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information from unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other circumstances outside of our control.
Retention of Information
Is “Cookies” being used on the Website?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, for example so you don’t have to re-enter them whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another.
Transfer of information internationally
Our databases are currently located in Israel. As well, some of our processing activities are made in Israel.The European Commission has decided that Israel ensures an adequate level of privacy and data protection, therefore, in accordance with the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data (as defined under the GDPR) to Israel is lawful and does not require any specific authorization.
Any future transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA to a third country (other than Israel) shall be made in accordance with applicable law, including by providing adequate protections, or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of your rights.
Statement Changes and Notification
How to contact us